This past week, the main theme of the Centennial City Council meeting was committees. As directed by our new Home Rule Charter, the council was required to create ordinances that defined the City's Audit, Investment, and Budget Committees. We also were required to setup an Election Commission. All of these ordinances passed on Monday night. In previous weeks, we had dsicussed the composition of each of the committees and came to a consensus that the best bet was to have a balance of city staff and citizens on each of them. We also wanted to make sure we had our current elected Clerk and Treasurer innvolved until their terms ran out.
There are a couple of Open Houses coming up that will be very interesting.
The first is tonight and it is about the Southglenn Sub-Area Plan. The Open House will be held in the City Council Chambers from 6pm to 8pm. For more info on the Southglenn Sub-Area, visit http://www.centennialcolorado.com/index.aspx?NID=451.
The second is about District 4 of the Arapahoe Urban Center (southwest corner of Arapahoe and I-25). It will be held at the Centennial Civic Center Here is the schedule for the Arapahoe Urban Center – District 4 Open House:
Wednesday, March 3, 2009
· 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM: Focus Group Interviews with Property Owners (property owners within District 4)
· 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM: Focus Group Interviews with Property Owners (property owners within District 4)
· 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM: Focus Group Interviews with nearby businesses and commercial property owners (property and business owners in / near District 4)
· 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM: Focus Group Interviews with Neighborhood Representatives (representatives from nearby neighborhoods and CenCON)
· 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM: Opening Presentation (open to the public)
Thursday, March 4, 2009
- 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM: Meeting with Land Development Code Rewrite Advisory Team (open to the public)
Friday, March 5, 2009
- 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM: Open House Pin-Up and Preview (open to the public)
LIGHT REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED AT THE OPENING PRESENTATION AND OPEN HOUSE PIN-UP AND PREVIEW.
SPACE IS LIMITED. YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE IS REQUESTED.
If you would like to attend any of the events listed above, please RSVP by e-mail to Kym Trier at email@example.com.
For more information about the Arapahoe Urban Center, download the plan for the area at: http://www.centennialcolorado.